-The 9th edition of Dilli 6 food festival at Edesia will offer delicacies from the reigns of Tomars, Mughals, and Britishers to Punjabi, Baniya and Kayastha cuisine
-Mega Crowne Parantha Eating Challenge for the guests to win a free stay at the hotel
-A lavish buffet spread of 80 plus dishes every day
-Special letter box for guests to write the letters to their loved ones which will then be delivered further
If you think that Dilli 6 is all about thick and juicy jalebis glistening with ghee or crisp fried aloo chaat in a melange of chutneys, then gear up for a surprise as Edesia at Crowne Plaza Today New Delhi will take you through the culinary tour of old Delhi spanning through time, dynasties and generations.
The restaurant would be hosting the 9th edition of their annual Dilli 6 Food Festival from 16th February, 2019 to 3rd March, 2019.The restaurant will also be hosting ‘Mega Crowne Parantha Eating Challenge where the contestant who can eat a 36 inch Parantha within a stipulated time wins a free stay at the hotel.
According to Chef Swaminandan, Executive Chef, Crowne Plaza Today New Delhi Okhla, “The old city shares an intimate relationship with food across the dynasties which have ruled the mainland such as Pandavas, Tomars, Mughals and Britishers. The food at Purani Dilli is sumptuously garnished with culinary secrets that have been passed down through generations. Also, Delhi being the food capital of the country has the influence of several cuisines such as Kayastha, Baniya and Punjabi. The food festival attempts to unravel the culinary legacy of Purani Dilli travelled through ages “.
What’s in the menu?
Savour the well curated, well travelled menu from the bylanes of Dilli 6 in the form of Subz-E-Zar, Mahi Subz Posh, BiBi Maryam ki Roti, Naan-E-Pista, Sarai ki Gosht Biryani, Jahangiri Quorma, Mian Ki Halim , Prithvi Murgh ka Salan, Gosht Lagan Mela,Sunehri Tinda Moti, Nimone Ki Dal, Matar Paneer Neze, Bharta Telai, Dil Bahar Do Piaza and many more.
The iconic Paranthe wali Gali will also be recreated for guests to experience the deep friend, golden paranthas stuffed with delicious fillings. From mirchi, nimbu, gobhi, methi, matar , papad, mix veg, mooli, mewa stuffing, you name it and we have it!
You are not a true Delhite if you taste buds don’t salivate when you smell the whiff of hot oil from the Kadhai and tawas when your favourite street food such as Matra Kulcha, Aloo Tikki, Golguppa, Dahi Bhalle, Aloo Puri, Chole Bhature, and Samosa is being prepared. Indulge into the tangiest and spiciest street food flavours at the festival.
Remember the Bharat Halwai –Koi bhi occasion woccasion shadi ya sagai that Kajol’s dad owned in Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gam? Well, we are recreating the same sweet shop with plethora of iconic desserts to choose right from Gali Dariba ki Jalebi, Feroze ka Habshi Halwa, Shafiq Kheer wale, Chaina Ram ka Karachi Halwa, Kuremal Ki Matka Kulfi, Daulat ki Chaat, More Lala Ka Kada Doodh, Fatehpuri Lachcha Rabri and many more. You never know, you may find your real life Kajol as you devour these lip smacking desserts.
- Hitting the nostalgia rush just right, the venue will also have a red letter box with postal code 110006 for guests to write letter for their loved ones where the hotel will coordinate its delivery
- The decor has been kept keeping Chandni Chowk as the centre point with silver fairy lights sprawling the ceiling, Red Fort as entrance gate, single screen theatre ticket counter, old style scooter for photos, chaat thelas, metro stations, historical monuments and what not!
- A photo series of posters of all iconic movies that have been shot at Old Delhi and depicts a slice of life from Old Delhi
- Several real elements from a real Pandit ji to a Paanwala & Bootwala for the guests to experience magic of a lifetime
- A market place consisting of elements from popular markets of Old Delhi such as Khadi Baoli, Gulab Singh Johrimal, Katra Neel, Ballimaran Market, Khadi Baoli, Bhagirath Palace for shopaholics.
What: Dilli 6 Food Festival
When: 16th February, 2019 to 3rd March, 2019
Where: Edesia at Crowne Plaza Today New Delhi Okhla
Cost per person: INR 2199 PLUS TAXES
Timings: 7 pm to 11:00 pm (only dinners)